ObesityPAC Reception & State Chapter Meetings
Friday, June 11th | Following Educational Sessions
Join your fellow ObesityPAC donors for a virtual reception from 8pm-8:15pm Eastern, and then break out into your State Chapter’s meeting. Not a PAC member yet? Donate here! Not a State Chapter Member? Join here!
The 2021 Annual Meeting Awards Show
Saturday, June 12th | Following Closing Remarks
Mix up your drink, pull up a seat and sit back for fun, laughter and a few surprises! Join your fellow attendees for a virtual social reception to close out the weekend.
Make the official meeting drink: The ASMBS Bari-tini!
- 6 parts white rum (or club soda)
- 6 parts pineapple guice
- 1 part grenadine
Or pour yourself a glass of your favorite, wine, beer, or other beverage for a celebratory toast to a great weekend of education.
Networking Chat Lounge
Connect with fellow attendees in the Lounge! Chat rooms will be open throughout the event and are a great way to engage with others.
- The Water Cooler – Gather around the virtual water cooler with other attendees in this general discussion forum. Collaborate, share ideas or resources, and introduce yourself before, in-between, or after sessions.
- ASMBS Resource Center – Our Membership Manager, Kim Carmichael, will be in the ASMBS Resource Center chat throughout the conference to answer your questions about applying for or renewing your membership. Stop by Friday or Saturday, 1:15pm – 1:30pm, for a live "Ask Me Anything" Q&A.
- CBN Lounge – Interested in becoming a CBN? Chat with members of the CBN Certification Committee and discuss exam preparation, the value of certification, and more.
- Integrated Health Lounge – Connect with fellow advanced practice providers, bariatric coordinators, behavioral health professionals, and other practitioners involved in the care of bariatric surgery patients.
- Students, Residents & Fellows Forum – Chat with other early career professionals and build connections with peers. President-Elect, Dr. Shanu Kothari will be stopping by the chat on Friday, 3:35pm – 3:45pm, and Saturday, 3:00pm – 3:10pm, to share his insight with the next generation of ASMBS members and leaders.
Virtual Business Card
Upon registering for the meeting, complete your "virtual business card." Connect the Calendly app to allow others to book 1-on-1 meetings with you. Connect your LinkedIn profile, Twitter account, and Instagram profile to build your network and stay in touch with other attendees after the conference has ended.